Thursday 10 December 2009

How it all began

With my partner Anna living in Robertsbridge, East Sussex, I have been a regular visitor to the seaside town of Hastings as there is not really much to do in the village. So looking round the shops and walking on the seafront and playing a game of crazy golf or adventure golf happened at least once a month.

On a lazy Sunday (26th October 2008) I was sitting on the sofa flicking through the glossy magazines that came with the previous weekends newspaper and notice a one page article on the World Crazy Golf Championships that I read were held in Hastings every year at the seafront courses. Thoughts ran through my mind like...hang on, I play there quite regularly and I get some (what I thought were) good scores...why don't I enter? I looked around they page to find that I had missed not only the entry date, but also the event itself, as it was finishing that same day! Ugh...oh well, I thought. Maybe next year. I promptly forgot about the whole thing for the next few weeks...

Back at the seafront a few weeks later we decide to play on the seafront courses seeing as the weather was still bearable. Whilst paying I noticed that if you become a member of the BMGA you get a substantial discount every time you play...why didn't I notice that before..could have saved quite a lot of money..half in fact! So, when back at home on the Internet I had a search for the BMGA....suddenly my eyes were opened to the UK minigolfing scene.
I printed off my membership to send off and made a promise to myself after looking at some previous results on miniaturegolfer.com. Starting from now, I will attempt to make the 'Super-final' of the 2009 World Crazy Golf Championships. Without knowing where it would lead me, my quest had begun....

No comments:

Post a Comment